You are here
Attachment: Deprivation, separation & privation
After studying this topic you should be able to:
- explain Bowlby’s maternal deprivation (separation) hypothesis
- distinguish between the concepts of deprivation (separation) and privation
- describe and evaluate research into the effects of both deprivation (separation) and privation
- assess the impact of both deprivation (separation) and privation on development
Defining deprivation and privation
- Again, note that the use of the term ‘maternal’ was to describe mothering – this does not necessarily have to be done by a woman.
The effects of deprivation
The term ‘anaclitic’ means ‘arising from emotional dependency on another’.
The effects of privation
No votes yet
Recent Study Help Requests
- Physics What is Physics Im a beginner and have a test need help SarahTheGlamQueen 21 Jun '15 - 8:27