Coursework is a requirement for most English Literature specifications, although different boards require slightly different assignments as part of the coursework folder.
Coursework gives you the chance to spend more time making sure your assignments are the best you can produce but in order to achieve this you should:
- make sure you understand what the assignment asks you to do and make sure your response fulfils this
- be aware of the assessment objectives that your assignment covers
- plan your work carefully and structure your ideas effectively
- make sure your work is focused in terms of the purpose and audience it is aimed at
- if you are given word limits or guidelines, stick to the general length indicated for the assignment
- do a first draft and then work through this correcting, altering or adding to your ideas in order to improve your work
- produce a final draft that represents the best work you can produce – this should be as error-free as you can make it
Remember that, although your teacher can’t do your coursework for you, he or she will be able to offer you advice.