An example of past paper questions that occur can be seen below
- How does Barry Hines show Billy's strengths and weaknesses in the novel?
- Write about Billy's relationships with his family in A Kestrel for a Knave.
- Write about the relationship between Billy and Kes.
- Write about some of the different ways adults treat Billy in A Kestrel for a Knave.
- Do you feel sorry for Billy?
- How does Hines present Billy as a victim and as a fighter?
- Do you think A Kestrel for a Knave is a depressing novel, or does it offer any hope?