Skills from a Psychology Degree
Employers like Psychology Graduates. Even if you never intend to pursue Psychology further than an inital degree you will gain wide ranging skills that can be transferred to many areas of employment.
- Communication - Gained from discussion and group work
- Numeracy - A Psychology degree would involve some number crunching.
- Analysis and Critical thinking- A Psychology degree requires that you look critically at research
- Information Technology - Psychology Students will use IT to present your work, to carry out research and to analyse data
- Independent Learning - As with most degrees, Psychology Students have to manage their own time and to engage in independent learning
- Research Skills- Any Psychology degree will involve Students carrying out their own research