For AS Sociology, you will be tested by assessment objectives: these are the skills that you should have acquired by studying the course. The assessment objectives for AS Sociology are shown below.
Knowledge and understanding
- Recall of theories, methods, concepts and various forms of evidence and the links between them.
- Understanding of theories, methods, concepts and evidence and the links between them.
- Clearly and effectively communicating sociological knowledge and understanding.
Identification, analysis, interpretation and evaluation
- Identification of facts, opinions and value judgements.
- Analysis and evaluation of the design of a range of investigations.
- Analysis and evaluation of the methods used to collect, select and record relevant evidence accurately.
- Selection and application of a range of relevant concepts and theories.
- Interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Identification and evaluation of significant social trends.
- Evaluation of different theories, arguments and evidence.