Terms & Conditions
1st September 2017
RevisionWorld.com is an online service that allows our members to revise from educational materials provided by Revision World Networks Limited whose registered office is Willow Crest, Rissington Road, Bourton on the Water, GL54 2DZ
The services offered by RevisionWorld.com ("RevisionWorld.com" or ".co.uk") include the RevisionWorld.com website (the "RevisionWorld Website"), and any other features, content, or applications offered from time to time by RevisionWorld.com in connection with the RevisionWorld Website (collectively, the "RevisionWorld Services").
1. By using RevisionWorld.com you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of RevisionWorld.com. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use RevisionWorld.com.
2. RevisionWorld may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by the RevisionWorld. Your continued use of RevisionWorld.com after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of RevisionWorld.com
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use RevisionWorld.com content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any RevisionWorld.com content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of RevisionWorld.com content requires the prior written permission of the RevisionWorld.
4. You agree to use RevisionWorld.com only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of RevisionWorld.com. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within RevisionWorld.com.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
5. RevisionWorld.com content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to RevisionWorld, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6. Under no circumstances will RevisionWorld be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of RevisionWorld.com regardless of the form of action.
7. RevisionWorld does not warrant that functions contained in RevisionWorld.com content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that RevisionWorld.com or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
8. The names, images and logos identifying RevisionWorld and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of RevisionWorld and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of RevisionWorld, or any other third party.
Contributions to RevisionWorld.com
10. Further to paragraph 9, by submitting your contribution to RevisionWorld.com, you: 10.1. warrant that your contribution:
10.1.1. is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the RevisionWorld for all the purposes specified above;
10.1.2. is not defamatory; and
10.1.3. does not infringe any law; and 10.2. indemnify RevisionWorld against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by RevisionWorld as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and 10.3. waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on RevisionWorld.com and the purposes specified above.
RevisionWorld.com Community Rules
11. You agree to use RevisionWorld.com Communities (including Message Boards) in accordance with the following Community Rules. These apply across all RevisionWorld.com community sites and services. You should, however, read the local house rules of the particular site or service you’re using, as there may be some local variations to these Community Rules.
About your posts:
· Contributions must be civil and tasteful
· No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
· No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
· If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users you may have action taken against your accounts.
· Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant RevisionWorld.com Community.
· No spamming or off-topic material: we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
· No advertising
· Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed unless allowed in the relevant local house rules.
· No impersonation
· No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names ·
You may not refer to specific URLs (web site addresses) unless allowed under the relevant local house rules. If you know of a worthy web site relevant to the discussion topic, please inform the host of the Community area.
· Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this action may be taken against your account.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind. If you have a helpful address to share, inform the host of the relevant Community area using the 'Contact Us' link, and they will promote it if they see fit.
About the law
· You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in RevisionWorld.com Communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
· Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
· You agree to only submit materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
· The views expressed in RevisionWorld.com Community areas are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of the RevisionWorld.
If you're under 16
· Please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before taking part in any RevisionWorld.com discussion.
· Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, telephone number, home address or email address).
· If you're under 13 you will not create an account or register with Revision World.
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules (and/or any variations in the relevant local house rules) when taking part in a RevisionWorld.com Community service, you will be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has been failed or edited. This mail will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include your relevant account or accounts being placed into pre-moderation or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of RevisionWorld.com Community areas.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to RevisionWorld.com Communities or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on RevisionWorld.com, and RevisionWorld considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, the RevisionWorld may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements.
This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement/s. RevisionWorld reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
12. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on RevisionWorld.com (including local house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
13. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
15. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
16. You can at any time request to have your account and all it's content deleted by emailing email@example.com - putting account delete in the subject line.
By creating an account you agree that Revision World Networks Ltd can contact you by email with newsletters and promotions, which you can unsubscribe from at any time.