Case Study: Ivory Coast
- The Ivory Coast - A cash crop disaster!
- A harsh spell of dry weather in Ivory Coast's central Daloa region in 2006 spelt disaster for farmers there
- Young cocoa trees were killed off by lack of water Rains scarcely fell in the major cocoa producing betwen November 2005 and Februaury 2006
- Farmers in the world's top cocoa exporter said they expected to harvest far less than usual during April-September mid crop
- Exporters estimated output would drop as low as 200,000 tonnes, far below lthe normal 400,000 tonnes
This video showcases the plight of the Cocoa industry in the Ivory Coast