Mass Tourism - Tourism involving large numbers of tourists
Case Study: Costa De Sol, Spain
- A Mediterranean Climate
- Long Sandy Beaches
- English Speaking Resort
- The Conservation of Natural areas
- Provides Jobs for Local people at hotels and other services
- Boosts the Economy of the area
- Locals can afford to have a better lifestyle (More Services)
Negative Impacts and Solutions:
- The Area is littered and natural beauty begins to fade.
- Damages Habitats and causes Wildlife to flee
Solution: Nature Reserves are built and Locals attempt to pick up rubbish on beaches
- Great demand of water for hotels and golf courses causes Inflation.
- Jobs are Seasonal and dependant on the weather
Solution: More people quit jobs at tourist spots and worked the land or supplied the area with fish.
- Overcrowding on beaches and on roads
- Some of services are not suitable for locals like beach shops e.c.t.
- Tourists begin to push tourists out.
Solution: High Rise hotels are built to accommodate more people and Separate services for Local People are Supplied.