- Both animals and birds are special to God as seen in Luke 12:6 (‘Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God’).
- Most Christians are against cosmetic testing but allow testing that will help find a cure for diseases.
- Many Christians will look at the example of St Francis of Assisi who was kind to animals.
- Some Christians believe that God told humans not to eat meat by giving grains and fruit only to eat in Genesis 1:29.
- However after the flood, God told Noah he could also eat meat (Genesis 9:3).
- Some Christians think that the ways in which animals are kept and killed is too cruel and so they are vegetarians for this reason.